The Hematology (Adults) research group of the University Clinic of Hematology & Central Hematology Laboratory conducts experimental, clinical and in vitro research.
Our main research approaches are the following:
- Mouse models of hematophysiology & hematopathology with their translation to human hematological disorders
- Hematopoiesis & molecular genetics
- Inflammation & Hematopoiesis
Our focus is on the following main topics:
- Mechanisms and disorders of hematopoiesis:
- Mechanisms: stem cell biology, erythropoiesis, telomere biology, molecular genetics of cancer
- Disorders: anemia, chronic myeloid leukemia & other myeloproliferative neoplasias
- Mechanisms of hemostasis & thrombosis
- Disorders of hemostasis & thrombosis: thrombotic microangiopathies, Von Willebrand disease, hemophilia, protein S deficiency
- Antithrombotic & antihemorrhagic targets
- Mechanisms of inflammation induced hematopoiesis and Ribosomopathies
Additional research topics are iron metabolism, transfusion medicine, epidemiology in the field of hemostasis & thrombosis, management of anticoagulation.