Our laboratory oriented research covers the following projects:
- Investigation of the expression pattern of Nogo-A in the substantia nigra of patients with Parkinson’s disease:
These studies are performed in close collaboration with Dr. med. Ekkehard Hewer (Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Switzerland).
- Investigations of the effects of Nogo-A on dopaminergic neurons and in an animal model of Parkinson’s disease:
- Investigations of the effects of paracrine factors on cultured neurons and endothelial cells:
- Investigations of the effects of Creatine administration on cultured neurons:
- Investigation of the effects of Tumor Treating Fields on tumor cells and neurons:
These studies are performed in collaboration with the company Novocure (Israel).
Actual research projects and schedules are updated on our homepage.
The Widmer Group is integrated in the Cluster for Regenerative neuroscience.
Please visit the external Group Website for more information.