Laboratory oriented research in vascular neurosurgery is focused on following topics:
- Development of sutureless anastomosis techniques:
- Laser tissue soldering
- Development of the Sutureless-ELANA method in collaboration with the Department of Neurosurgery, UMC, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Analysis of ePTFE vessel grafts in conjunction with the newly developed anastomosis techniques
- Development of endovascular revascularization techniques
- Electromagnetic induced tissue fusion
- Development of online technique for clinical assessment of cerebral autoregulation
Collaboration with the Institute for Applied Physics, University of Bern (Prof. Martin Frenz) and Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Prof. Heinrich Hofmann).
Developemtns together with the Department of Biomedial Engineering, UMC, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Actual research projects and schedules are updated on our homepage.
The Group Senn is integrated in the Cluster for Regenerative neuroscience.
Please visit the external Group Website for more information.