IncuCyte S3 Live-Cell Analysis System
This microscope is designed for fully autonomous long-term live cell imaging (Wide field phase contrast and green and red fluorescence) and is equipped with a powerful and user-friendly software for image analysis of different in vitro applications, such as toxicology, migration, organoids, wound healing, etc.
The most important features of this system are:
- Automated image acquisition and analysis system that operates and captures images from within a standard tissue culture incubator so that precise control of temperature, humidity and other environmental factors such as CO2 and oxygen are maintained.
- The optics are moving to the areas being imaged while the cell culture vessels remain stationary.
- The system is capable of simultaneously imaging and analyzing any mixture of 6 assay plates that conform to the ANSI/SLAS standard for assay plates. These include 384-well microplates, 96-well microplates, 48-well plates, 24-well plates, 12-well plates, and 6-well plates. Each assay plate plate is able to run a different application, accommodating six different assay applications in parallel.
- The IncuCyte accommodates the following plastic tissue culture vessels: 92.6 cm2 Roboflask, 500 cm2 Tripleflask, 84 cm2 Autoflask, 225cm2 flasks, 185cm2 flasks, 182cm2 flasks, 175cm2 flasks, 162cm2 flasks, 150cm2 flasks, 75cm2 flasks, 25cm2 flasks, 35mm dishes, 60mm dishes, 100mm dishes, 150mm dishes, chambered slides and microslides.
- The system possesses fully automated, hands-free operation for periods exceeding 25 days and is designed to autofocus and auto expose during this time period.
- The software is capable of generating label free, time based, growth curves for cells in 2D and spheroid cultures.
- The software is able to mask, quantify and generate time based curves based onfluorescence metrics including: Fluorescent Count, Fluorescent Average Area, Fluorescent Total Area, Fluorescent Confluence, Fluorescent Mean Intensity, Fluorescent Average Integrated Intensity, Fluorescent Total Integrated Intensity, and Fluorescent Eccentricity.
- The system has high definition phase contrast optics and two fluorescent wavelengths (red:ex565-605nm, em625-705nm; green: ex440-480nm, em504-544nm).
- The system has the following objectives on an automated turret: 4x PLAN, 10x PLAN FLUOR, and 20x PLAN FLUOR.
- The following software modules are available for image analysis of in vitro applications:
- IncuCyte® Chemotaxis Software Module*
- IncuCyte® Scratch Wound Cell Migration Software Module*
- IncuCyte® S3 Spheroid Software Module
- IncuCyte® NeuroTrack Software Module
- IncuCyte® Angiogenesis Software Module
* Included in our current configuration