Since 1996, the Department for BioMedical Research (DBMR) has held a "Day of BioMedical Research". The annual "Day of BoMedical Research" has establisched itself as a forum for researchers to present their work in a poster session and to get insights into the research projects of their colleagues. The event is open to the public, and gives an insight into the clinical research activities at the University of Bern. The Day of BioMedical Research is also an excellent platform for making new contacts and exchanging ideas.
DBMR Day of BioMedical Research 2023
Date : Wednesday, 5 July 2023, 8:30 - 17:00
Location: Ettore Rossi Auditorium, Kinderklinik (KKL), Freiburgstrasse 15, 3010 Bern
Highlights of the program include a lecture by an invited keynote speaker, the poster sessions and the awards ceremony. The final program of the DBMR Day of BioMedical Research will be available in June 2023.
Abstract submission is open until April 24, 2023.
We invite all students and members of the institutes and clinics of the Faculty of Medicine and of the Inselspital to submit their abstracts for the poster session. Detailed information available here.
Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers
Head of Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Roche, Switzerland
Distinguished Professor in Molecular Genetics, University of Utrecht, NL
The following prizes will be awarded at the DBMR Day of BioMedical Research 2023:
- Johanna Dürmüller-Bol DBMR Research Award 2023 (CHF 30'000): the prize is financed by the Foundation Johanna Dürmüller-Bol. Submission open until Monday, 20 March 2023.
- Best DBMR Publication 2022 Prize (CHF 2'000). Submission open until Monday, 24 April 2023.
- Benoît Pochon Prize (CHF 1'000).
- Poster Prizes to young researchers:
- DBMR Poster prize for Best Preclincal Project (CHF 2'000)
- DBMR Poster Prize for the Best Clinical Project (CHF 2'000)
- DBMR Poster Prize for the Best Project led by a Medical Student (CHF 2'000)
- Research Prize Alumni MedBern (CHF 2'000)
- SCRM Poster Prize for Best Stem Cell Project (CHF 1'000)