How to apply for the awards:
On the abstract submission form, you can select a prize category (best preclinical project, best clinical project, best project by a medical student) for your poster to be evaluated. In addition, you can also apply for the SCRM Poster Prize by choosing this category during the submission form. All posters under evaluation for other categories will be considered for the Research Prize Alumni MedBern .
Note that you will need to send the poster pdf to the organizing team before the event.
- Abstract submission: Monday, 24 April 2023
- Poster submission: poster pdf needs to be sent via email to the organizing team by Monday, 26 June 2023.
Poster preparation and poster sessions:
The information is available here.
- Background provides appropriate perspective/context for the subject.
- Objectives/research questions are clearly stated.
- Research design and methods are clear and appropriate.
- Research objectives are met/addressed.
- Factual information is kept separate from interpretations or implications.
- Clarity of presentation.
Specific Criteria - The Research Prize for the Alumni MedBern will be awarded to the poster that better meets the following criteria:
- Collaboration between university and non-university partners
- Collaboration between basic research and clinical research
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Collaboration between Faculties of the University of Bern
Prize Committee and evaluation process
- The members of the prize committees will be selected ad hoc from the clinicians and scientists of the University of Bern and of the Inselspital.
- Reviewers are assigned posters and poster presentations according to their field of interest.
- Each prize committee determines the recipients of the awards.
- The decision of the committees is final and cannot be appealed.There is no legal requirement to decide the prizes.
The winners of all prizes will be only announced and awarded on the DBMR Day of BioMedical Research on Wednesday, 5 July 2023.