Insurance for Students, Guests and Voluntary, Non-Paid Staff


The accident insurance of students matriculated at the University of Bern must be covered by their own health insurance (compulsory health insurance).

Voluntary Non-Paid Staff and Guests

Voluntary non-paid personal and guests (gueststudents, school holiday jobbers, etc.) who intend to work in the laboratory must be pre-registered with the University administration.

This compulsory registration is the responsibility of the head of the laboratory. The appropriate registration form can be obtained and filled out on Uni Intern (Dienstleistungen > Personal > Index A-Z > Unfallversicherung > Nicht besoldete Personen mit einmaliger Entschädigung – in German only).